Healthy Recipes: Baked Chicken Chimichangas and Raspberry-Banana Icecream
Baked Chicken Chimichangas
Servings - 6
Cooking Time - 40 mins
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce or your favourite hot sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped spring onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 190°.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken, 3/4 cup picante sauce, cheese, 1/4 cup onions, cumin and oregano.
- Spoon 1/2 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down on a baking coated with cooking spray (or use baking paper). Brush with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 20-25 minutes.. Top with remaining picante sauce and onions. If desired, serve with sour cream.
P 17g | C 31g | F 8g
Serving Size - 1/2 Cup
Cooking Time - 10 mins (plus freezing)
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- Thinly slice bananas. Arrange in single layer on baking tray; freeze overnight.
- Pulse bananas in a food processor until finely chopped. Add yogurt, maple syrup and raspberries. Process just until smooth, scraping inside of bowl as needed. Serve immediately, adding fresh berries if desired.
P 2g | C 26g | F 0g
*Recipes from TasteofHome