Healthy Recipes: Balsamic Green Bean Salad and Zesty Steak Salad
Balsamic Green Bean Salad
Servings - 16 (3/4 cup)
Cooking Time - 30 mins plus chilling
- 1kg fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 5cm pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place beans in a stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, mustard and pepper. Drizzle over beans. Add onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and cheese.
P 3g | C 7g | F 5g
Zesty Steak Salad
Servings - 4
Cooking Time - 20 mins
- 500g beef top sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 medium green capsicum, julienned
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 6 to 9 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sirloin and Worcestershire sauce; cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, saute onion and capsicum in butter until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Add sirloin; stir-fry until meat is no longer pink. Spoon meat and vegetables over lettuce; garnish with tomatoes. Serve with salsa if desired.
P 26g | C 11g | F 8g
*Recipes from taste of home